Welcome to this stop
on the Blog Hop!
Artists, designer, writers, and illustrators from around the globe are making an artistWeb answering the same 4 Questions and linking up to other creatives to do the same thing.
Freelance artist, designer, and fellow Sagittarius Vivayne (check her out!) invited me to link up from Las Vegas, Nevada & I jumped at the chance to join the fun.
Q & A
1. Why do you do what you do?
How seriously and frequently I engage with it is a different question. In the late 90s I got a degree for what my mom might call a 'real career' and put art-making on the margins of my life. I expressed creativity in small ways around the house and in my clothing choices, but that was about it...
BUT THEN ... I went on a retreat in late 2012 and came back determined to slowly but surely reclaim the artist that was languishing somewhere inside. In 2013 I started to paint more regularly and my sweetie built me a studio in the backyard. I also started my blog & website that year too. And in 2014 I took another leap! On the very last day of June I gave up my full-time office and started sharing space with a friend where I can only be two days a week ... which means that the other 5 DAYS I have a chance to be in my studio. I am beyond thrilled with this arrangement!
2. How does your work differ from others of its genre?
3. How does your creative process work?
As I deepen into my creative adventures I continue to develop my skills and find my voice.
4. What are you working on now?
1. Through the month of August I am posting art Every Day on Instagram (#30daysofartshares) and blogging about it once a week. A fun challenge that you can read more about in the four previous post, here in the blog.
2. I am also finishing up a commission and getting ready six pieces that will be in two different shows in the month of September. (BTW framing, wiring, making tags: is the first job I will delegate when I get an assistant).
3. I am also participating in a live painting event and fundraiser for Siren Nation, where the piece I am creating live is being auctioned by the end of the night!! Terrifying, but nothing like a little challenge to keep things exciting. Please come and say 'hi' if you are in Portland on September 6th!